ZeroStack Debuts New Operational Features for Its Self-Driving Cloud
Host Evacuation, VM Migration Options, Shared Networks
Head List of Advanced Capabilities for IT Admins and End Users
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 29, 2018 — ZeroStack, Inc., creators of a self-driving on-premises cloud, today announced a host of new features that further streamline operations for IT administrators and DevOps Workbench end users. Already renowned for its point-and-click self-provisioning and operational simplicity, ZeroStack’s self-driving cloud now sports new, advanced capabilities that further reduce IT overhead while giving end users greater flexibility. The features include:
- Host Evacuation – IT administrators can now safely evacuate hosts into maintenance mode to upgrade the processor, add storage, or perform other operations.
- Migration of VMs between hosts – In order to manage placement of workloads and optimize resource utilization, ZeroStack now allows IT administrators and even end users to migrate their VMs to other hosts, subject to resource availability on target hosts.
- Shared networks – MSPs and enterprises can now improve resource utilization by sharing server images and networks among multiple projects or customers.
- New network QoS features – Administrators can now limit the network bandwidth used by any VM to ensure SLAs and limit bandwidth-hogging applications.
- VMware OVA migration – ZeroStack introduces another way to automatically migrate complex workloads from VMware using the new OVA upload and deployment feature.
- Simplified Windows ISO uploads – ZeroStack provides an easy way to upload Windows ISOs directly from a Windows or Mac laptop. ZeroStack then converts these ISOs into native image format and places them into the image library to be shared and used by many business units and projects.
“We continually strive to reduce IT operations overhead and to optimize resource usage while giving end users more control and self-service flexibility in using our cloud platform,” said Kamesh Pemmaraju, vice president of product management at ZeroStack. “These new features address real-world customer needs and help keep our cloud platform at the forefront of the industry.”
Suggested Tweet: ZeroStack Debuts New Operational Features for Self-Driving Cloud
ZeroStack delivers a public cloud experience with private cloud control through software that automates cloud infrastructure, applications, and operations. Enterprises and MSPs simplify operations, reduce costs, and accelerate IT by 10X over virtualized solutions while maintaining IT control. ZeroStack enables multitenant, multi-cloud, and containerized environments with a future-ready architecture. Founded by senior engineers from VMware, the company is funded by Formation 8 and Foundation Capital, and is based in Mountain View, California. For more information, visit https://www.zerostack.com or follow us on Twitter @ZeroStackInc.
StoryPR for ZeroStack
(415) 420 2391